• Need More Space??

    2 houses on one block. Private, custom-built granny flats perfectly integrated and separated from your home. Learn more here

Can I do all of this building, renovating, extending, etc., myself: what are the issues?

As it stands, certain types / scales of activities require a licenced builder to complete the work. This includes: new construction work; projects valued over $3,300 including GST; any work that involves altering the original house structure; and, the conversion of non-habitable spaces like garages or under crofts to new habitable living spaces.